Gamtel offers co-location service to other operators/ISPs and institutions that would require our infrastructure. This is in the form of fibre infrastructure (open access), land space, towers/masts, equipment hosting etc.
These co-location facilities offer the customer a secure place to physically house their hardware and equipment, backup power generators and 24/7 security guard in all our sites.
Reasons to Co-Locate with Gamtel
- Cost saving. Other operators/ Service Provider need not build their own infrastructure where it already exists.
- Scarce capital and management attention can be diverted to key value-creating activities such as customer acquisition, service quality, operational and strategic excellence
- The Cost to maintain in-house security guard to monitor site infrastructure/equipment will be avoided
- Addresses regulatory pressure on infrastructure deployment
- To reduce environmental hazards caused by having so many sites/masts
- Increasing coverage to the potential client/public, particularly where space for new sites is limited
- Access to locations of strategic importance by using the most economic and efficient means.
- Reduced maintenance and operational costs for sites, such as direct saving in energy consumption
- Build a long term symbiotic relationship with our co-locator